Studio Sundays have been created to provide an opportunity for students to access the studio to finish a project or start a new one with help on hand from one of our excellent tutors.
The atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon is relaxed as students work on their own projects and at their own pace.
If you are eager to keep on making but don’t have a studio set up or can’t commit to a seven-week course Studio Sundays is perfect.
At A Glance
- $80 inc GST
- Make with support on a Chilled Sunday afternoon
- Some Sundays | 1 pm - 4 pm
Studio Sunday was super fun and valuable session. As a newbie exploring my creative side, I was able to utilise a variety of tools and get advice on which would be the best investment/most used for my home studio. Liz was amazing in sharing ideas and answering questions. Lovely speaking with the other students and seeing their work. I will be doing more Studio Sundays :)Janet - 2020
ABOUT THE COURSE
Studio Sundays are run on selected Sunday afternoons and gives you the opportunity to spend 3 hours in our very well equipped studio with a tutor on hand to answer your questions and assist with technical advice. We expect that you would have done at least a Beginners 7-week course with us and that you are familiar with torches and our equipment.
This is not a teaching course, however, our tutors will do whatever they can to help you bring your project to fruition.
SquarePeg also offers Jewellery Studio Bench Access on most Mondays to jewellers and students wishing to access a range of equipment including hand tools, soldering torches, drill press, micro motor, rolling mills, polisher, ultrasonic, tumbler and a hydraulic press. Please note that students must demonstrate proficiency on equipment before they can use specialist equipment. See our listing Jewellery Studio Bench Access.
SquarePeg is a studio enterprise in a 200sq metre warehouse-style space in Marrickville. With space for 12 contemporary jewellers and a well-equipped workshop, Studio Sundays at SquarePeg is an opportunity to interact with a mix of emerging and established makers in a supportive and creative environment.
What to Bring
- Studio Sundays participants should bring their own project requirements. Bring the metal and consumables such as solder and saw blades that you require for your particular project.
- We do have a small metal and consumables store for emergency purchases, but can’t guarantee we will have exactly what you require. If unsure please contact us prior to arrival.
- We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
- All students must wear proper enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
Studio Sundays Prerequisites
- To be eligible to attend Studio Sundays you must have completed our Beginners level course or equivalent. If unsure please contact us prior to booking.
- Enrol below – you can secure your place on the spot!
- Enrol early and take advantage of our payment by instalments option to spread the payments out over three payments. This option is offered at check out.
- 40% deposit followed by a 30% payment six weeks out from your course, and the final 30% payment three weeks ahead of the course start date.
Is the date you would like to join sold out?
Please send us an email to register your interest and to go on a waitlist. email@example.com
I loved my experience at Square Peg, so satisfying to see my creation come alive. Thanks to Kim and huge thanks to Liz for helping me through. Can't wait to come back and do more! xxAinsley, 2020
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.