Join Momoko Hatano for the latest addition to our suite of beginners’ jewellery making courses, Make Silver Studs in a Day.
Learn how to make fabulous silver studs in this rewarding one day workshop.
Play with metal saws and cut silver, play with hammers to texture and shape your metal, play with fire and learn to solder your studs!
This course is suited to people who want to enjoy a fun, fast-paced day learning a new skill and creating some bling.
At A Glance
- $230 inc GST
- Bring a Buddy Ticket Available
- Weekends - either a Saturday or Sunday, 10am to 4pm
The earring making class taught me so much more about materials, techniques and process specifically relevant to earrings but also transferable to other jewellery pieces. The class was engaging and fun and the workshop is very well organised and well equipped. Thanks SquarePeg.Wayan, 2020
ABOUT THE COURSE
Is it really possible to make unique sterling silver studs in one day from scratch with no experience at all? At SquarePeg Studios it is.
In this fast-paced and fun, one day workshop your experienced tutor, Momoko Hatano guides you through your day. Create matching or mismatched pairs of studs in sterling silver while being introduced to the foundation skills required to work with precious metals.
Experience all the steps required to make your own sterling silver studs. There is nothing better than wearing your own creation!
Are you thinking this would a brilliant gift? Click here to gift this course.
What To Expect
What students learn
- Terminology – learn to talk about jewellery making like a pro
- Metal cutting – students are taught how to saw-pierce metal using professional jewellery saw frames
- Texturing and stamping – whether it’s a hammered texture, or stamping with letter stamps on metal, we have a range of tools for students to experiment with.
- Soldering – using special jewellery orca torches, students learn how to anneal and solder metal to join the silver together to create designs and solder the stud post to the earring, a very delicate skill to learn.
- Finishing – learn how to file and use emery paper to give your studs a final finish
What students make
At least one pair of studs in sterling silver.
What is included
- 15 grams of Sterling Silver to create your stud earrings
- Sterling silver wire for earring posts
- A pair of Sterling Silver butterfly backs
- Additional materials can be purchased on the day if required
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie; saw blades, emery paper and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- A selection of teas, coffee and yummy biscuits.
What do you need to bring
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- An apron
- Covered shoes
- Your ideas and creativity
- You may like to bring along stencil ideas for sawing out in metal as your earring design – templates and inspiration will also be available on the day
We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
All students must wear proper enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back.
We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
Enrol Now – enrol below to secure your place on the spot! Pay in Instalments – Enrol early and take advantage of our payment by instalments to spread your payments out over three instalments. This option is offered at check out. 40% deposit on enrollment. 30% instalment six weeks out from your course start date. Final 30% payment three weeks before the course start date. Peace of Mind Booking – purchase refund protection at checkout. Terms and Conditions apply
So pleased I signed up for Squarepeg’s one-day fine jewellery soldering skills workshop. It was a great way to spend a rainy Saturday. Momoko lead the small group through excellent step by step demonstrations of all aspects of making fine jewellery and generously shared her personal tips and tricks. All participants came away from the day with some unique and beautiful finished pieces and confidence and competence in using the torch. Thank you Momoko.Geraldine, 2022
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.