In this fun, one day workshop you get to play with colour and paint with enamel while learning this satisfying and beautiful technique. Whether you are looking for an enjoyable one-day experience, or you are a seasoned artist or jeweller that would like to add a new technique to your repertoire, this workshop is for you.
Come and spend the day learning the technique, tips and tricks while creating samples to take back to your practice or come and experiment while creating small jewellery pieces such as earrings or pendant charms.
This is a great workshop to do with a friend.
At A Glance
- $230 inc GST
- Perfect for any skill level
- Saturday or Sunday | 10 am to 4 pm
I had a wonderful time at the Liquid Enamel Workshop. I had very little knowledge or experience as the teacher led us through the basics and quickly into the hands-on. She was always there to guide and assist when needed. The best part was the encouragement to experiment with our own ideas. I enjoyed it so much I have decided to get my own setup. I wish I lived in Sydney so I could attend more workshops. I recommend this course and group to anyone interested in exploring jewellery making.Kim, Recent Student
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Liquid Enamel workshop is aimed at anyone interested in working with this type of enamel as a way of adding both colour and texture to copper. Different to powdered enamel, liquid enamel can be used in a range of novel ways. It can be painted, dripped, sgraffito, layered and ground back, textured and more. In this workshop you will have the opportunity to experiment with all these techniques, using liquid enamel by itself and in conjunction with other materials.
Your tutor, Linda Blair is a recognised exhibiting contemporary jeweller who has used liquid enamel extensively in her practice for many years. Linda is a generous and knowledgeable instructor.
What To Expect
What You Learn
How to use liquid enamel on copper including the following techniques:
- effects with enamel crayons
- stamping and sifting effects
What You Make
A series of copper samples
Copper samples that can be incorporated into earrings or pendant charms.
Small class size
To ensure that students have the best learning experience this course has a small class size of under 6 students.
What is included
- Access to kilns
- Copper sheet for sampling
- Earring or Pendant blanks
- Sterling silver earring wires
- Liquid enamels
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- A selection of teas, coffee and yummy biscuits
What do you need to bring
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- If you have pieces of copper you would like to bring along to experiment with, we recommend 1mm as the ideal thickness
- Round copper wire of 0.7mm diameter is also appropriate for experimentation
- Your ideas and creativity
- We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
- All students must wear enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- Enrol below – you can secure your place on the spot!
- Enrol early and take advantage of our payment by instalments option to spread the payments out over three payments. This option is offered at check out.
- 40% deposit followed by a 30% payment six weeks out from your course, and the final 30% payment three weeks ahead of the course start date.
Is the date you would like to join sold out?
Please send us an email to register your interest and to go on a waitlist. email@example.com
Thanks for the workshop - has totally changed my perspective on enamelling! Can't wait to do some more testing - and possibly buy my own kiln. The potential of this material is so exciting!Belinda E
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.