SquarePeg Jewellery Studio Bench Access is perfect for experienced students that are confident to work independently and safely. It is an opportunity to continue to work on projects outside course or workshop time. If you are not a current student, no problem, if you don’t have a set-up at home or need to use our specialist equipment, come along and work in our beautiful workshop.
Finish projects or start new ones and be a part of our vibrant studio space on a non-teaching day.
Practising contemporary jewellers and students past and present benefit from having access to all the tools and equipment of the well equipped SquarePeg Studios classroom and workshop.
At A Glance
- $50 inc GST
- Come and work on your projects.
- 10 am - 4 pm
SquarePeg's studio access session was brilliant - the studio is so well equipped and it's a really peaceful place to work. Thanks so much, I'll definitely be back!
Thanks again Kim.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Jewellery Studio Bench Access days are designed for capable jewellers to work independently and are not a teaching session. Supervised by either Emily Copp or Kim Elliott, who will always be available to help you find your way around the studio and, if necessary, to induct you into the safe use of equipment.
Jewellery Studio Bench Access provides access to jewellers and students wishing to utilise a range of apparatus including hand tools, Orca and Smiths little soldering torches, drill press, Foredom flex shaft, micro motors, rolling mills, polishers, ultrasonic, tumbler, hydraulic press, small kiln and a myriad of tools and paraphernalia. Just ask if we have it.
Participants will have their own bench in the classroom for the day and have access to the classroom, workshops, kitchenette and dining area. Participant numbers are generally small, so you have room to spread out and get into your making in our light-filled studio.
SquarePeg is a studio enterprise in a 200 square metre warehouse in Marrickville’s creative hub. With space for 14 jewellers and a well-equipped workshop, Bench Access at SquarePeg is an opportunity to interact with a mix of emerging and established makers in a supportive and creative environment.
What to Bring
- Bench Access participants should bring their own project requirements and consumables such as metal, solder and saw blades.
- We do have a small store for emergency purchases but can’t guarantee we will have exactly what you require. If unsure please contact us prior to arrival.
- We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
- All students must wear proper enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and must have long hair tied back.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
Bench Access Prerequisites
- To be eligible to attend Bench Access you must have completed Beginners and Intermediate One level courses or equivalent. If you are unsure please contact us prior to booking at email@example.com
- Please note that students must demonstrate proficiency before they can use specialist equipment.
- Enrol below – you can secure your place on the spot!
- Full Price – $70
- Students of related Tertiary Courses – $50
- Six Pack and Save – $390 – Please Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A beautiful and well-equipped studio and Emily was wonderful. This was perfect for completing my project!Brooke, 2020
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.