The Intermediate Two Continuing Jewellery Making course is perfect for students who want to take their making to the next level, pursue their own design ambitions and continue making with the support of a tutor and with access to the well-rescouced workshop on a regular basis.
This course is designed to allow students to progress their skills through the different stages of jewellery making as the tutor assists with design development, technical issues and problem-solving.
Come and enjoy the camaraderie of making with like-minded people on a Tuesday night.
At A Glance
- $410 inc GST
- Optional Technical Project
- Tuesday | 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm
Intermediate Two-Continuing Jewellery Making was a great course. Plenty of one-on-one time and access to great materials.Nicole, 2020
ABOUT THE COURSE
What To Expect
What You Learn
Intermediate Two – Continuing Jewellery Making are introduced to techniques such as:
- Bezel Setting – Optional
- Advanced soldering skills
- Introduction to the Hydraulic Press
- Hollow forms
- Term by term, skills-focused learning will be informed by the experience level and interests of the participants in the class. Discussion of potential skills to cover is welcome.
What You Make
Optional Bezel Set Ring project
Jewellery of your own design concept in consultation with your tutor
To ensure an excellent learning experience for all students this class is capped at 10 students.
What is included
- A wide range of hand tools and equipment.
- Some of the consumables you need to make your projects, pickle and solder are supplied
- At this level, as students will have developed preferences for particular consumables appropriate for their project needs and in an attempt to keep the ongoing classes priced at an affordable level students are expected to have their own consumables such as emery, saw blades, drill bits and other specialist bits.
- We have a small emergency store of saw blades, drill bits, base metals and silver that can be purchased at the studio. Your tutor will assist you with how to shop for and order additional materials as required.
- For students who wish to do the Bezel Setting project, a material pack can be purchased from SquarePeg for $30. This includes silver for the ring band, bezel back, the bezel itself and saw blades. You will be offered this option on enrolment, if purchased it will be waiting for you at your first class.
- A selection of teas, coffee and biscuits.
What to Bring
- A notebook or sketchbook, pen and pencil
- Magnifying glasses or a loupe are really helpful for fine work
- Any projects you have on the go that you would like to complete
- Any materials that you may be able to use for your projects
- The consumables you like to use, saw blades, emery, drill bits etc.
- Your ideas and creativity
- We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
- All students must wear proper enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- Enrol below – you can secure your place on the spot!
- Enrol early and take advantage of our payment by instalments option to spread the payments out over three payments. This option is offered at check out.
- 40% deposit followed by a 30% payment six weeks out from your course, and the final 30% payment three weeks ahead of the course start date.
Is the date you would like to join sold out?
Please send us an email to register your interest and to go on a waitlist. email@example.com
In the rare instance that we do not reach minimum numbers to run this class and/or our Intermediate Two class, we may merge these two classes to be one composite class run on either a Tuesday or Wednesday night (whichever night works best for the majority).
First of all, I consider myself lucky that I found about SquarePeg. I started my journey with SquarePeg in May this year and since then I enrolled myself in two other courses, Intermediate one and Intermediate two. The studio is like heaven to me. The instructor's, specifically Emily, is an absolute angel. I think I will never say goodbye to SquarePeg. It's like a second home to me. What I achieved so far, I never thought I could. This place is therapeutic to an unsettled soul. If you have never visited this place and meet the amazing SquarePeg team, then you are definitely missing out. Thank you Emily and the lovely SquarePeg team.Sharif, 2020
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.
Emily also spends a few days a week as a sessional lecturer and technical officer at the University of NSW Art and Design Campus in the Jewellery, Metal & Wood workshops.“I love the alchemy of transforming ideas into materialised design through the varied efforts and explorations of making.”