The Intermediate & Continuing Jewellery Making course is ideal for students who want to take their making to the next level. Pursue your design ambitions and continue making with your tutor, Melanie Ihnen’s support. Access our workshop’s excellent resources and enjoy the company of other engaged makers. Learn stone setting or bring your project.
This course allows students to progress their skills through the different stages of jewellery making as the tutor assists with design development, technical issues and problem-solving.
Come and enjoy the camaraderie of making with like-minded people on a Monday night.
At A Glance
- $425 inc GST
- Returning Student Discount and Pay In Instalments Available
- Monday | 6.30 pm - 9.30 pm | 21 Hours Tuition
Intermediate Two-Continuing Jewellery Making was a great course. Plenty of one-on-one time and access to great materials.Nicole, 2020
ABOUT THE COURSE
What To Expect
What You Learn
- Optional – Tube, Tab or Bezel Setting- Each technique will be rotated from term to term.
- Advanced soldering skills
- Term by term, skills-focused learning will be informed by the experience level and interests of the participants in the class.
- Discussion about which skills can be covered is welcome. Techniques may include;
- Introduction to the Hydraulic Press
- Hollow forms
- Married Metal
What You Make
Optional Stone Set Ring or Pendant project.
Bring your project – Jewellery of your own design in consultation with your tutor
- To join this course, you should have completed approximately 40 hours of metalsmithing tuition.
- You should know how to confidently and with minimal assistance make a simple ring band from silver sheet or wire.
- Confidence in saw piercing.
- Confidence in filing and clean-up techniques.
- Confidence in annealing and simple soldering.
To ensure an excellent learning experience for all students this class is capped at 10 students.
Term Two – 19th April 2023
Term Five – 4th October 2023
What is included
- A wide range of hand tools and equipment.
- Some of the consumables you need to do your projects, pickle and solder, are supplied.
- A selection of teas, coffee and biscuits.
- SquarePeg Studios has a small store of saw blades, drill bits, base metals and silver that can be purchased. Your tutor will assist you with how to shop for and order additional materials as required.
- Stone Setting project.
- A material pack can be purchased for $30. The pack includes a stone, silver and saw blades. You will be offered this option during enrolment. If purchased, it will be waiting for you at your first class.
What to Bring
- A notebook or sketchbook, pen and pencil
- Magnifying glasses or a loupe are really helpful for fine work
- Any projects you have on the go that you would like to complete
- Any materials that you may be able to use for your projects
- The consumables you like to use, saw blades, emery, drill bits etc.
- Your ideas and creativity
- We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
- All students must wear proper enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- Enrol below – you can secure your place on the spot!
- Enrol early and take advantage of our payment by instalments option to spread the payments out over three payments. This option is offered at check out.
- 40% deposit followed by a 30% payment six weeks out from your course, and the final 30% payment three weeks ahead of the course start date.
Is the date you would like to join sold out?
Please send us an email to register your interest and to go on a waitlist. email@example.com
To ensure a great learning environment for all we cap this class at 10 students.
First of all, I consider myself lucky that I found about SquarePeg. I started my journey with SquarePeg in May this year and since then I enrolled myself in two other courses, Intermediate one and Intermediate two. The studio is like heaven to me. The instructor's, specifically Emily, is an absolute angel. I think I will never say goodbye to SquarePeg. It's like a second home to me. What I achieved so far, I never thought I could. This place is therapeutic to an unsettled soul. If you have never visited this place and meet the amazing SquarePeg team, then you are definitely missing out. Thank you Emily and the lovely SquarePeg team.Sharif, 2020
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.