Looking to kickstart your jewellery-making journey? Our three-day Easter Intensive is a concentrated and inspiring learning environment that you will love!
Our Easter Jewellery Making Intensive is perfect for students just starting out who want to enjoy three days of creativity while building their jewellery-making skillset.
No prior experience is required to join this class.
At A Glance
- $595 inc GST
- Pay in Instalments Available
- Friday to Sunday | 10 am to 4 pm
I had the opportunity to do the 3-day intensive beginners workshop. I learnt so many skills during this time with our teacher Dani who was excellent at explaining, demonstrating and supporting our jewellery-making journey. She is a very skilled artist. I would highly recommend this course.5 stars - Nicola O
ABOUT THE COURSE
Over three days of the Easter long weekend, students learn to make a textured silver ring band, followed by a second project of their own design. Processes focusing on forming and texturing such as doming and stamping will be learned to aid you in your inspiration.
This course aims to provide students with the confidence and skills to work on and progress their individual projects while gaining a greater understanding of jewellery techniques and design.
Designed for Beginners, this course is structured to allow students to progress through the foundation stages of jewellery making and incorporate these new skills into jewellery of their own design.
Your tutor will assist with design development, technical issues and problem-solving in creating your first handmade jewellery over the course duration.
This Easter hop into SquarePeg and do more than eat chocolate! 🐰
What To Expect
What You Learn
During the course, students will learn foundation jewellery-making skills alongside working on individual projects developed after consultation with the tutor.
- Metal cutting – students are taught how to saw-pierce metal using professional jewellery saw frames
- How to make and size a ring
- Texturing and stamping – whether it’s a hammered texture, or stamping with letter stamps on metal, we have a range of tools for students to experiment with
- Roller printing – learn how to impress directly onto metal using a specialist rolling mill. Print with feathers, leaves, fabric, art papers, hand-cut stencils and much more
- Soldering – using special jewellery torches students learn how to anneal and solder metal to join the silver together to make a ring band
- Forming metal – how to shape and dome metal
- Finishing – learn how to file and use emery paper to give your ring a final finish
- Patinate – use our special blackening compound to highlight parts of your design
What You Make
- Copper texturing samples
- Brass saw piercing samples
- A sterling silver band ring
- A second project in consultation with the tutor
To ensure an excellent experience for our students we cap this class at 10.
What is included
- Base metal sheet and wire
- Sterling silver for your first ring
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- Tea or coffee and yummy biscuits
What you need to bring
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- Your ideas and creativity!
- We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
- All students must wear enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- Enrol below – you can secure your place on the spot!
- Enrol early and take advantage of our payment by instalments option to spread the payments out over three payments.
- 40% deposit followed by a 30% payment six weeks out from your course, and the final 30% payment three weeks ahead of the course start date.
Is the date you would like to join sold out?
Please send us an email to register your interest and to go on a waitlist. email@example.com
I had the best time in this class learning so many new skills. Danielle was a delight and so patient with all of the new students. Highly recommend!5 stars - Samantha S
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.