The Easter Four Day Jewellery Making Intensive is perfect for students just starting out or students with jewellery making experience who want to enjoy four days making and adding to their skillset.
For beginners, this course is designed to allow students to progress through the foundation stages of jewellery making and incorporate these new skills into jewellery of their own design.
For more experienced jewellers Diane will consult with you about your goals and offer an introduction to techniques to add to your repertoire. Your tutor will assist with design development, technical issues and problem-solving.
At A Glance
- $595 inc GST
- Pay in Instalments Available
- Friday to Monday | 10 am to 4 pm
Excellent workshop! Diane is one of the world's best tutors who manages to guide every participant to produce their best. Sharing and learning from others is another strength of these intensive workshops which opens everyone to new possibilities.Pippa Craig, Long-term SquarePeg Student
ABOUT THE COURSE
Over the 4 days of the Easter long weekend, new students or students that want to brush up on their skills make a textured silver ring band, followed by a ring, pin or pendant of their own design exploring the 3D Form. Processes focusing on forming and texturing such as doming and stamping will be learned to aid you in your inspiration. Dissect a dome, add a pearl, the world is your oyster!
Students already confident with the basics will design their projects in consultation with the tutor and processes will be introduced after consultation with the group.
The aim of this course is to provide students with greater confidence and skills to work on and progress their individual projects while gaining a greater depth of understanding of jewellery techniques and design.
This Easter hope into SquarePeg and do more than eat chocolate! 🐰
What Students Learn
What To Expect
What You Learn
If you have prior jewellery making experience your tutor can help you build upon your existing skillset to learn new skills as a reflection of where your interest lies.
For students just starting out you will learn:
- Metal cutting – students are taught how to saw-pierce metal using professional jewellery saw frames
- How to size your ring
- Texturing and stamping – whether it’s a hammered texture, or stamping with letter stamps on metal, we have a range of tools for students to experiment with
- Roller printing – learn how to impress directly on to metal using a specialist rolling mill. Print with feathers, leaves, fabric, art papers, hand-cut stencils and much more
- Soldering – using special jewellery torches students learn how to anneal and solder metal to join the silver together to make a ring band
- Forming metal – how to shape and dome metal
- Finishing – learn how to file and use emery paper to give your ring a final finish
- Patinate – use our special blackening compound to highlight parts of your design
What You Make
A silver band ring
A pin or pendant of their own design, exploring the 3D Form
Intermediate + students – jewellery of your own design in consultation with your tutor.
To ensure an excellent experience for our students we cap this class at 10.
What is included
- Base metal sheet and wire
- Sterling silver for your first ring
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- Tea or coffee and yummy biscuits
What you need to bring
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- Your ideas and creativity!
- We take safety very seriously at SquarePeg.
- All students must wear enclosed shoes (no sandals or thongs), long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back.
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- Enrol below – you can secure your place on the spot!
- Enrol early and take advantage of our payment by instalments option to spread the payments out over three payments.
- 40% deposit followed by a 30% payment six weeks out from your course, and the final 30% payment three weeks ahead of the course start date.
Is the date you would like to join sold out?
Please send us an email to register your interest and to go on a waitlist. email@example.com
So much fun I’ve never made jewellery before or worked with metals. This was such a fun creative outlet and I was stoked with the pieces I made. Diane is the best!Michael McClughan
Why choose a jewellery making course at SquarePeg Studios?
Our courses are taught by highly experienced and passionate teachers who are practising contemporary jewellers. This is the closest to an accredited course – without the assignments, stress and cost – that Sydney has to offer. Students not only gain the satisfaction of designing and hand-making their own piece of jewellery they also have the opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at a contemporary professional jewellery studio while learning great new skills in jewellery techniques and design.