What makes SquarePeg Studios the best place to learn jewellery making?
SquarePeg Studios is a hub and home for contemporary jewellers. From beginners to lifelong practising artists, we have created a place to learn, practice and share. Our jewellery courses are taught by tutors who are all accomplished contemporary jewellers with practices of their own and a wealth of teaching experience. We also like to think that we bring together not only the talent but the personalities that will make your learning experience a great one. Read the reviews and come and find out for yourself.
Is there parking?
Yes, there is plenty of free on-street parking in Junction St and the streets surrounding the studio.
Are you near a train station?
We are a short walk from both Tempe and Marrickville Stations and the same distance from buses which run along Illawarra Rd.
We are a 25-minute walk from Sydenham Station.
Does SquarePeg offer a jewellery repair service?
Generally no, SquarePeg Studios is home to 13 resident artist jewellers, most of our resident artists are very busy with their own practices and do not generally have time to take on repair work. If you want to try your luck you can email us images and detailed information about your requested repair job and we will float it with our resident artists in case any of them are able to help you.
Do SquarePeg jewellery artists take on commissions?
Many of our resident artists are very busy with their own practice and do not generally have time to take on commission work. In saying that they are more likely to take on commissions than repairs!
If you want to try your luck you can email us images and detailed information about your requested commission job and we will float it with our resident artists in case any of them are able to help you.
Alternatively, please take a look at our current resident artists profiles via our Studios page and you can always reach out directly to a resident artist if you like the look of their work:
Tell me about your tutors
Our tutors are contemporary jewellers with their own practices and teaching experience in both private and public schools such as Sydney College of the Arts, The Design Centre Enmore, UNSW Art and Design and Jam Factory. We also occasionally welcome nationally and internationally renowned teachers to SquarePeg for specialist workshops.
What is the minimum age to enrol?
Generally, the minimum age to join our classes is 16 years of age. However, we are now able to welcome younger students by arrangement. Please contact us if you are a younger student wanting to join one of our classes. email@example.com
Can I do a make-up class if I miss a lesson?
As per our terms and conditions; it is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes, no make-up classes are available, for any reason.
As a small school, it is not possible to make provision for the many and varied requests and changes which can arise for our students.
We hope you can join us for all of your scheduled classes!
Does SquarePeg have waitlists for sold out classes?
We are very grateful that our classes often fill up very quickly – but this can lead to disappointment for those who miss out on a place!
If you have missed a spot in your preferred class please email us with the subject “Wait List Please” and outline in the email the class you are interested in and we will add you to our course waitlists and be sure to be in touch if a place becomes available.
Alternatively, we generally have multiple dates available for all of our classes – be sure to check additional scheduled dates to see if another of our class dates may suit you.
Can I buy a Gift Certificate for a class?
Absolutely – the gift of creativity is always a winner! If you know what class and which dates you want to gift, proceed to “Find Dates & Book a Spot” on the course listing page.
From here you will see a teal box above the course dates entitled “Click here to gift this class”.
Go ahead and click this box, then select your ticket type and click through and fill out the details to enrol the recipient. Take note – it may be best to put your own email address at this stage so that the recipient does not receive a confirmation email on the completion of payment. Once the gift has been given we can update the email address to the recipient address for you later – just let us know!
Not sure which course and/or date to enrol the recipient of your gift certificate? No problem!
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can create a unique voucher for you as per your requirements and can happily email across a printable gift certificate for you to present to your loved one.
What are the class enrolment Terms & Conditions?
SquarePeg Studios has provided jewellery tuition at the highest level since 2011. We bring professional jewellers and practising artists from near and far to provide our students with an excellent and diverse education in an inspiring and well-equipped learning environment.
The following terms and conditions must be adhered to,
- For peace of mind enrolling, SquarePeg Studios recommend purchasing the optional refund protection offered by We Teach Me, our third-party booking platform, at checkout. (See We Teach Me terms and conditions)
- On enrolment, the course fees must be paid in full or via our available payment plan options to secure the place.
- Cancellations 30 days or more before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will accept cancellations in writing up to one month before the start date of the class. The refund will be the fee paid less a $30 booking fee and administration fee.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the total fees paid if preferred. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Cancellations up to 21 days before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid less the $30 administration fee. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Transfers between 21 and 5 days before the class starts will only be processed if the student’s place in the course can be filled.
- SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student to an alternate date within 12 months of the original booking and issue a $30 administration fee.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits will be issued for non-attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Jewellery Studio Bench access is available to students 18 years and older or by special arrangement for younger students.
- Some of our courses require prior learning and have minimum age requirements. Therefore, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID – 19 Update to terms and conditions as of 27th July 2022. Subject to change as per Government directives.
- Suppose a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives. In that case, SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next scheduled course or workshop date and promptly notify the student of the change.
- If the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date. The credit note will be valid for twelve months from the date of issue. SquarePeg Studios, at its discretion, may issue a refund less the $30 booking and administration fee.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors.
Our online jewellery store is coming soon. If you would like to purchase a gift certificate for a class, please refer to our School FAQs.