What technical skills do students learn?
Students will learn new skills and techniques concurrently or per term as required, (depending on their skill level) with a concept explored at each stage. Please note that those who are newer to jewellery making will first master introductory jewellery techniques before progressing to more advanced techniques in future terms:
Jewellery techniques may include:
- The fundamentals of jewellery making.
- Soldering and metal forming.
- Use of the hydraulic press
- Married metals
- Making catches and fittings
- Other techniques depending on the student’s needs